My schedule in recent days has been a few days in the countryside followed by a few days back in Harbin to write up and plan my next trip to the countryside. I am here for 2 days before leaving early tomorrow morning for 2 days. Luckily, I caught the lilacs when they are in bloom. I had no idea Harbin had so many lilac bushes. I've enjoyed them so much on my morning runs the past two days that this afternoon I went back with my camera to capture them while they are in bloom.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Lilacs!
My schedule in recent days has been a few days in the countryside followed by a few days back in Harbin to write up and plan my next trip to the countryside. I am here for 2 days before leaving early tomorrow morning for 2 days. Luckily, I caught the lilacs when they are in bloom. I had no idea Harbin had so many lilac bushes. I've enjoyed them so much on my morning runs the past two days that this afternoon I went back with my camera to capture them while they are in bloom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow! The lilacs in Bar Harbor are still at least two weeks away from blooming.
Interesting! Harbin is 1.5 degrees farther north than Bar Harbor (not that that means anything, though). After a fall and a spring here, I've come to the conclusion that Harbin is a 2 season city, meaning there is little in between time from hot summer to cold winter and back again.
That's really interesting. I'd say that spring sprung in southern Minnesota (an hour outside of Minneapolis) about a week and a half ago. The oak tree outside my window is still struggling to bloom, but I see the buds on it. And many other trees on campus have already bloomed. No lilacs, though!
Post a Comment