Sunday, November 2, 2008

Its Snowing!

This is short and sweet. I made it back to Harbin on Friday and was surprised at how warm it was. My friends all told me the earlier part of the week had been much colder and it had snowed. So when I exited the airport, I was pleasantly surprised. Progressively, its gotten colder since then. Tonight I walked outside to come home after being in most of the day working and found snow. Its wet snow that melts on impact, but snow nonetheless.

Also, I am thrilled to report that China does not participate in silly changing-the-clock rituals. Its still the same time here (despite what American electronics my try to tell you). So I am now 13 hours ahead of East coast time, instead of the easy 12 hours. Its already getting dark here really early so if it got darker any earlier, I would not be happy.

But I am happy to be back, snow or no snow.

1 comment:

Margaret Shugart said...

I am jealous about the no time change business. The extra hour sleep is nice but now it's getting dark around 5pm- insanity! Enjoy the snow- we'll be joining you soon :)

PS THANK YOU for the rice group invitation! I'm excited to sit down and see how that all works. You rock!