Monday, August 31, 2009

Pleasant Surprise

When I was in Hong Kong, a friend of mine commented that there should be free spas just at the China-Hong Kong border for those of us who had to make visa runs. I laughed because Hong Kong was kind of like a spa to me. On my one night there I got a haircut, which included a half an hour head massage as they washed my hair. It was pretty nice.

The next day I spent the morning in a nice coffeeshop working. Then I got my passport and visa back early in the day. Because I wasn't sure how long it would take to get it back, I had scheduled the latest flight back to Beijing from Shenzhen. I decided to take the subway back to Shenzhen early to see if I could get on an earlier flight.

I arrived at the airport 4 hours before my original flight and went to the counter. They said there was a flight leaving in 30 minutes they could put me on. The next thing I knew I was standing in line with a first class ticket! Not only did I get an earlier flight but it was first class! Sometimes things work out well.

No comments: