Most of the rice in the northeast was transplanted from the greenhouses to the fields over the past week. I have some interesting photos of this, but for some reason, my internet is not loading them here.
Could this be because technically blogger is blocked in China right now?
I am grateful that my university offers a virtual private network to download to my computer. When I log into this, I can access all sites that are currently blocked in China. In addition to blogger, you tube, twitter, and flickr are all blocked because of a certain event that happened 20 years ago in Beijing this week. There is a lot of good commentary on the web about this anniversary. Not many people are talking about it here. I am choosing to practice self-censorship for the time being, even though I have always been (and will always be) fascinated with the events that took place in Beijing in 1989.
I did get caught in a big thunderstorm in the rice paddies the other day. Its a pretty muddy place and trying to run out of the paddies proved to be quite difficult, as I was walking on dirt dividers that quickly became mud alongside the paddies. I hope I can load the pictures soon...
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment